Proactive Service Desk for today’s complex infrastructures
Implementing a proactive Service Desk is a key part of an effective ITSM strategy. Combining the optimal service desk system – for your organizational needs – with skilled resources, ensures day-to-day operations run more smoothly, users get timely support and IT issues are resolved quickly and effectively.
In today’s multi-sourcing environments, a central Service Desk with a single point of contact (SPOC) for users is essential. A central Service Desk with high domain knowledge is also able to handle more complex issues. This leads to faster lead times and higher customer satisfaction.
Unless you have a dedicated team of service desk experts, outsourcing operations will deliver efficiencies in day-to-day operations, facilitate business, and enable you to focus on core activities.
At Data Ductus we manage the Service Desk for public and private organizations both on-prem and off-prem from our offices around Sweden.
We can help you in several ways:
Scoping your Service Desk needs
We analyze the organization’s needs and identify the necessary steps to meet them. Using our Service Desk Readiness Assessment we perform a GAP-analysis regarding vision, status and goals. We then develop a clear and achievable roadmap for a proactive Service Desk.
A Service Desk Readiness Assessment covers:
- Business & Operative objectives
- ITSM strategy
- Existing contracts and SLAs
- Governance models
- Collaboration model
- Service Desk delivery model
- Current tools and support setup
- Service integration and management
- Roles and responsibilities
- Best practice processes
With the analysis complete we then recommend the ideal Service Desk for your needs including the necessary features and requirements.
Implementation services Deployment services
ITSM-tool setup and implementation
We implement and evolve your ITSM-tool to meet your organization’s, users’ and regulatory requirements in a growing complex operational and support environment. As we are operator and vendor agnostic, we focus on creating a cost effective and scalable solution.
Typical activities during the implementation phase include:
- Experience-based and customer-specific processes are implemented
- Vision and objectives for how the Service Desk will be delivered are developed
- Tools are configured to support the processes
- End customer SLAs are defined
- Service catalog is defined
- Incident & Service Request integration is developed
- Knowledge-Center Support processes are defined
- Collaboration model with multi-sourcing support is defined
- Roles and responsibilities are clarified
- Centralized monitoring & measuring of deliveries
Service Desk as a Service
If you wish to outsource your Service Desk we can manage it on-prem or off-prem. Our Service Desk staff provide a user-focused and personalized Service Desk. They have extensive experience from working in a multi service provider environment. The Service Desk can be set up with a clear road map for transfer to your own organization if required.
Characteristics of a Data Ductus Service Desk:
- We guarantee total ownership of ticket life cycle, avoiding the blame-game
- High first call resolution rate
- Proactive operation that minimizes disturbances to business
- Continual service improvement is co-created trough active collboration
On-Prem Service Desk at Europe’s largest iron-ore producer
With operations in 13 countries and over 4,000 employees, LKAB wanted a single point of contact to provide business-enabling IT support, and improved vendor performance and response time. We provide LKAB’s on-premises ITIL Service Desk which includes an integrated CMDB. This supports continuous automation through a tight-knit integration with core infrastructure services.
Off-Prem Service Desk in local government
As part of a four-year agreement, Data Ductus is running the Off-Prem Service Desk for the municipality of Solna, located on the outskirts of Stockholm. The agreement included implementation of the Service Desk and ITIL processes to support a multi-sourcing environment, along with strategic advice and SIAM services.
Phone: +46 (18)413 76 56